Mathematics
katieann4ever
59

A group of 12 male and 8 female students is planning to go out for pizza. if 50% of the male students go and 25% of the female students go, find the probability that a random student who goes out for pizza is female.

+5
(1) Answers
latinaberryhill

12 male and 8 female... 50% of male students go.....0.50(12) = 6 of the males students go 25% of the females go....0.25(8) = 2 female students go the probability of a random student that is female going is : females going / total people going =  2 / (6 + 2) = 2/8 which reduces to 1/4 or 0.25 or 25% <==

Add answer